Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Vacation Inspired Fish and Veggies

While we were in Mexico, I had some delicious fish. It was grouper with veggies. The chef was nice enough to tell me how to make it, so I thought I'd give it a try. This is how the dish was served in Cozumel. They put it all in a foil packet to steam it together. When it was almost done, open up the foil to let some of the moisture cook off.




I don't have any grouper, but we have some Swai fillets in the freezer. I got a couple out to thaw while I cut up some veggies...green pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, and sliced onion.


The fish is thawed out and ready. I'm gonna throw in some cloves of garlic as well.

Here are the spices to use...chili powder, cumin, and paprika. We'll use a little salt & pepper as well.

I just sprinkled a little of each onto the fish. I used more paprika than anything else.

I sprayed some foil with nonstick spray and put it on a pizza pan. Then I added the veggies and sprinkled them with the spices as well.

Then I poured a little salsa over the top...

Seal up the foil into a pouch and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.


Then I opened up the foil to let some of the moisture cook off for about 10 minutes.

The finished product. Very good, and just like it was in Mexico. I've successfully re-created a favorite dish!


No comments:

Post a Comment