Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 32: Not So Super Bowl Snacks

With John still on the mend, I was in charge of snacks for the big game. Now there are dwindling resources in the house and I am not that creative. So I did my old stand by. Sausage, cheese and crackers.




Super Bowl time always makes me think about when I found out I was pregnant with my son. It was right before the Super Bowl. It was the 49ers vs the Bengals. I kept calling them the bangles and John was just shaking his head and wondering what he'd gotten himself into.

Anyway, Boomer Esiason was one of the quarterbacks. (don't ask me which one, I had to Google the game to remember the teams) Before I knew it, my unborn child had taken on the nickname of Boomer.

Some people joked that if we called him that before he was born, that it would stick. It didn't. He was born and was clearly not a Boomer. But I can still remember sitting in my parents living room watching my first football game with John. Who knew that 25 years later we'd still be watching the Super Bowl together.



One more thing. I went shopping today and had to take a picture of these pants. In what universe are these appropriate? I cannot think of any situation I would think, "I really need some sweatpants that have leopard print and the word LOVE down the leg".

No comments:

Post a Comment