Saturday, June 18, 2016

Drunken Saturday Night.

For the last few months I've been thinking about making limoncello. It's an Italian liqueur. But I haven't been able to find a jar I liked. While we were out running errands I found the jar I wanted. 

It all came together quickly after that. 



This is the first part of the process. We got a bag of organic lemons and two big bottles of vodka. 



I peeled the skin of the lemons. I did it with a veggie peeler so I just got the zest. This helps keep it from being bitter. You don't want the white part if you can avoid it. I also used organic lemons to avoid any pesticides in the skins. You can't wash that off and it would soak into the liquor. 


Then I put the zest into the jar. 




Then I added the bottles of vodka. 



Both bottles. 


Now it sits for 40 days. (I'll show you on July 28th how to finish it.)

But what does a person do with 40 days to wait and a dozen naked lemons?



When your wife makes limoncello, John makes lemonade!



We squeezed them all. Added sugar and water. 


All this liqueur talk, we had to spike it. Right?



Cheers to cold drinks on the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment