Wednesday, May 4, 2016

GFP Day 10 - Memories Of MeatFest

I've been wanting some BBQ lately, and I knew we had some leftovers from our annual family MeatFest in the freezer. After a quick search, I found some ribs and some andouille sausage. I also found a container of cheesy bacony grits. 


The ribs and sausage are smoked and fully cooked, and smoked meats reheat very well if you do them in the oven. So I put them onto a pizza pan lined with foil. 


Into the oven at 350 until they get hot (15-20 minutes). While the meat is heating up, we'll get the grits ready. 


After heating them up, I add a little shredded extra-sharp cheddar and heat a little more. There's already bacon in there. 


Grits are ready!


Ribs & sausage are ready! I love reheating BBQ because it makes the house smell like you've been smoking meat all day. 


It's dinner time!


One of my new favorite sauces is from Big Daddy (a Des Moines BBQ and sauce legend). The Smokin' Serrano is a little sweet with a good amount of spice, without being too "hot". Awesome sauce!


Another mighty fine dinner from the freezer!



No comments:

Post a Comment