Sunday, May 15, 2016

GFP Day 21 - Breakfast with Video

Today we have potluck so we decided to have an early breakfast. We are early risers. On the weekends we are usually up by six. Considering John gets up at 3:15 and I get up at 4:00 this is sleeping in.

  

Some time back we bought fifteen pounds of breakfast sausage from a great meat locker in Melcher. It's about an hour drive, so when it's on sale we stock up. John loves bulk sausage but hated that it isn't in uniform parties. 




John decided after the cleanup that he'd rather just make patties.
 
They didn't come out as perfectly round as I hoped they would. I guess I'll just have to deal with it...

But they did fit in the pan. 




I made the eggs. I do my eggs a little differently. 




I am not a regular cook, so I don't have instincts and sometimes turn on the wrong burner. I've melted a spatula handle or two. One morning I turned on the burner, waited a couple of minutes and cracked my eggs. 


When there was no progress I realized I'd turned on the wrong burner. Since the eggs were cracked I just turned on the correct burner. 




Soon I had perfect eggs without that brown crispy edge. I've been making them that way ever since. Works for omelets too. 



John added a little cheese and had an egg sandwich. 

I would like to note that the almost perfectly-formed sausage patty fits very nicely on the English muffin for my breakfast sandwich. Looks like I need to come up with something for Jo to make perfectly round eggs...maybe an old tuna can!



I did eggs and toast. That should hold us till potluck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment