Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day Fifteen: Southern Country Fried Pork Chops


So I was at the grocery store picking up some fresh fruit & veggies, and by habit, I strolled through the meat department. Jo won't let me buy any meat during this little experiment...we can only use what's in the freezer. They had some family packs of tenderized round steak (like minute steaks) for $1.99 a pound. Ordinarily, I'd buy them, make chicken fried steak for dinner, and throw the others in the freezer for another time. But I was STRONG and didn't buy them!
But, now I wanted chicken fried steak for dinner. I did find a couple thick-cut pork chops in the freezer, so I thawed them out. Then I will chicken-fry them like they do down south!


I seasoned them with a little seasoning salt and some pepper...


Followed that up with a light dusting of flour...


Into the skillet of oil to fry...

While the chops are cooking, I'll work on the side dish. This one is gonna be easy! Remember that lo-mein we made the other night? We've still got the leftovers! Into the microwave for a few minutes to heat it up and we'll be all set.


Southern Country Fried pork chops are fried to a golden, crunchy brown outside, and they are moist & juicy inside. This was our "pantry & freezer" dinner tonight, and it was VERY tasty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment